The Indigenous population is the fastest growing demographic in
Canada. However, there are still many barriers that prevent
Indigenous people from fully participating in education and employment. Companies that educate themselves on these issues and implement solutions are on the road to developing a more inclusive and robust workforce.
historical and contemporary situation of Indigenous People
Where do we go from here?
- Efforts to engage Indigenous people in the workforce
- Indigenous Inclusion plan Introducing the workforce to Indigenous history, culture and inclusion
- Assessing applications
- Interview process
- On-boarding: induction
- Whole organization approach
- Managing an Indigenous workforce
This workshop is for executives who want to implement strategies to ensure that Indigenous people are hired and retained in their companies.
Other critical positions that will benefit from this workshop include:
- Managers who must align the company, internally and externally, with the strategic vision;
- Human Resource Professionals who are charged with the overall responsibility for implementing strategies and policies relating to the management of individuals;
- Training and Development Specialists who are responsible for the development and implementation of employee training plans;
- Any employees who play an important role in achieving the objectives of the company and are interested in learning how to help mitigate challenges faced by Indigenous co-workers